Friday 11 May 2012

How do I stop my photos from over exposing? Using ND Filters.

One Filter I never like to go without is a ND (Neutral Density) Filter and my newest addition is a Variable ND. This allows me to change my stops on the fly! From ND4-ND400!


ND filters will allow you to take more control over light, if there is too much light in the scene such as a Beach or Snow throw this on to reduce the blinding overexposure in your shot. My favorite use of the ND Filter is for Waterfalls as it slows down the water and everything looks silky smooth. You can also use it clouds, cars, seas.


I also love to use a ND Filter to increase Depth of Field if I am doing a portrait shot. It allows wider apertures to be used making the subject distinct from the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment